Information OpCon Collects and How OpCon Uses this Information
In order to provide our full range of services, OpCon Technologies may collect the following types of information:
- Information You Provide When you sign up for a SafetySpectrum Account or other OpCon Technologies, Inc. service or promotion that requires registration, OpCon will ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). OpCon uses the information you submit under your account with information from in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of OpCon's services. For certain services, OpCon may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Login Information When you access OpCon Technologies, Inc. services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User Communications When you send email or other communications to OpCon Technologies, Inc., we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links OpCon Technologies, Inc. may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content.
- Providing our services to users, including the display of customized content
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network
- Developing new services.
OpCon Technologies, Inc. processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. We may process personal information to provide our own services. You can find more information about how we process personal information by referring to the supplementary privacy notices for particular services.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some OpCon Technologies, Inc. features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case OpCon Technologies, Inc. may not be able to provide those services to you.
OpCon Technologies, Inc. only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of OpCon Technologies, Inc. in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of OpCon Technologies, Inc., its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal informan, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular web page. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to OpCon Technologies, Inc. employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use OpCon Technologies, Inc. services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users personal information.
Enforcement and Response
555 California Street Suite 4925
San Francisco, California, 94104
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is OpCon Technologies policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between OpCon Technologies, Inc. and an individual.